Title – Club Operations Manager
Accountability – Technical Director
Oversight – Board of Directors
Status – Full-time
Hours – Full-time hours, Monday – Friday, and the ability to work the occasional night or weekend
About Lakeland Tropics FC:
Lakeland Tropics FC is a 501 C3 soccer organization in Lakeland, Florida. We offer Recreational and Travel soccer to youth players, boys and girls, from the ages of 3-19. We are partnered with Tropics SC who operate indoor and outdoor professional soccer teams.
Our Mission Statement:
We are committed to providing a superior inclusive soccer experience for all of the area’s youth by offering both recreational and highly competitive travel team opportunities. This commitment is accomplished through an organization of volunteers and soccer professionals, who administer the training programs. It is our intent as an organization to promote honor, integrity, teamwork, perseverance, confidence and sportsmanship both on and off the field.
The Lakeland Tropics Futbol Club, Inc. (“LTFC”) is a not for profit organization seeking an experienced Club Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Club. Reporting to the Technical Director, with oversight by the Board of Directors, this person will have key responsibilities in all aspects of the Club, including business operations, corporate partnerships, marketing and promotion, and community relations. This is a mid-level position with room for growth and advancement.
Key Areas of Responsibility in Business Operations:
• Monitor club performance against budget and perform routine analysis of cash flow;
• Lead all aspects of club operations including the prioritization and allocation of resources to ensure the timely and efficient completion of activities;
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete financial reporting of all LTFC operations and ensure the adoption of effective financial management practices through a sound system of internal control including managing the full spectrum of financial processes - registration, payments, collection of fees, bank deposits and reconciliation, accounts payables / receivables, QuickBooks entry and reconciliation;
• Ensure continuous improvement in all club processes to maximize operational efficiency and
enhance the customer experience.
• Prepare status reports for the LTFC Board Treasurer and Technical Director in preparation of the monthly Board Meeting and provide routine updates on club performance;
• Oversee LTFC contracts and oversee business relations between the Club and its service
• Administer, manage, audit and monitor concessions operations, and act as a liaison to the
outsourced Concessionaire at both Loyce Harpe and Lake Parker Park;
• Coordinate referee assignments and serve as the main point-of-contact between the Club and the referee assignor(s);
• Manage the equipment and physical asset needs for both travel and interleague programs.
• Ensure registration of all players and coaches within the various registration systems
Key Areas of Responsibility in Marketing, Communications and Public Relations:
• Work with Board Leadership and volunteers to support the development of creative marketing and communication campaigns including social media, print, digital, and club-wide communications and events;
• Develop strong relationships with the leadership of local business and grant organizations to support fundraising efforts;
• Build positive relationships and serve as a liaison to external partners such as state and local government, affiliation organizations and various leagues.
Key Areas of Responsibility in Corporate Partnerships:
• In collaboration with the Board of Directors, implement a strategic plan to increase the level of sponsorship and donated funds to the club by developing a sponsorship package and identifying potential donors;
• Ensure that new and existing sponsors have their sponsor “benefits” delivered in a professional and timely fashion and that they achieve the expected value of their sponsorship;
• Manage club financial assistance and scholarship programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility in Team Coordination:
• Administer and oversee North and South Site Director to ensure successful operational events at Loyce Harpe and Lake Parker;
• Coordinate the weekly, monthly and yearly scheduling of game play including interleague and travel practices, games, and other related events;
• Manage the interleague process – registration, communication, game scheduling, team setup, and other duties that may arise;
• Serve as the liaison to Travel Team Managers – providing regular communication, assisting with coordination of practice, game and/or other activities as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred;
• 3 years of related experience in finance, accounting, public relations or business management;
Competencies and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong business and financial acumen;
• Positive self-starter with strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow;
• Flexible and engaging team player, willing to adapt as needed;
• Creative, collaborative, inclusive approach to problem solving;
• General understanding of youth sports and working with various stakeholders.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter addressed to the Hiring Committee and emailed to